Through an accumulation points scored for top overall finishes earned by Can-Am racers in both the a.m. (amateur race) and the p.m. (Pros and A class racers), the Can-Am Racing Team was presented with the 2011 GNCC Series Manufacturer’s Cup award at the banquet. Earlier in the night, Can-Am was also presented with the GNCC Series Sponsor of the Year award.
Adam McGill and Chris Bithell, both Can-Am DS 450 Pro class racers finished second and fourth, respectively, in 2011. Can-Am racers won a total of five GNCC National Championships in 2011:
- U2 Class (Can-Am Renegade 800R X xc) – Cliff Beasley
- 4×4 Open (Can-Am Outlander 800R X xc) – Bryan Buckhannon; Michael Swift, 2nd
- 4×4 Lites (Can-Am Outlander 500) – Kevin Trantham
- 4×4 Super Sr (45+) (Can-Am Outlander) – Forrest Whorton; Mike Penland, 2nd
- UTV Open Limited (Can-Am Commander 1000 X) – Team Travalena (Uniontown Kawasaki/Can-Am dealership owner); Can-Am racers took the top three in the class.
The Can-Am Racing Team was also recently named the 2011 AMA ATV Motocross series Manufacturer of the Year for which it received another Championship Cup. This trophy/award is determined by the AMA ATV MX Pro class finishes. Motoworks / Can-Am Pro DS 450 racers John Natalie (the 2011 champion) and Chad Wienen contributed to the accomplishment by notching seven overall wins. Chase Snapp (a Can-Am X-Team member in 2011) also added to the mix with two podium trips. The total score was 509 points and seven overalls and 11 podiums in 11 rounds.